One of my favorite songs is “Don’t Worry Be Happy.”
Maybe you enjoy listening to it as much as I do!
There are so many things going on in the world that we have no control over; the weather, decisions made by our national or local government, acts of violence, illness, and family problems.
You will be happier if you let go of the things you can’t control and focus on what you can control.
You’ll be happier if you…
- Be kind to people
- Give back to your community
- Have a more organized home
- Spend more time with family
- Spend more time with friends
- Get better control over finances
- Be happier at work
- Eat healthier food
- Exercise more
You are probably saying to yourself “That sounds great Nancy, I wish my life could be like that, but I just don’t have time.” These things don’t happen by waving a magic wand, they happen by making a conscious effort for them to be included in your lifestyle. Here are some other ideas that lead to a happier life.
- Hold the door open for someone
- Offer your seat to someone on the subway
- Donate items to a nonprofit (drop-off boxes are at schools, shopping areas, or call for a pickup)
- Organize one area in your home for 5 to 15 minutes a day
- Make it a priority to schedule family time on your calendar
- Arrange a “play date” with a friend
- Organize your financial paperwork and review your finances
- Read “Making Peace with Your Office Life” by Cindy Glovinsky
- Decide what healthier food choices you want and put them on your shopping list
- Plan time on your calendar to exercise as if it were an appointment with someone else
Getting organized is the first step to becoming a happier person and living a lifestyle that includes what is most important to you. Clients tell me they have greater peace of mind and feel more in control of their life after I’ve helped them get organized.
Here is what they have to say.
“I am so comfortable working with you because of your flexibility and versatility to create systems that are compatible with our learning and life styles. My husband was so happy to see our granite countertops again and our organized kitchen “junk drawers” with labeled sections. I always feel better after you’ve been here.”
“Your organizing systems and selection of organizing products to suit our needs has transformed our home from chaos to calm. Working with us to identify where our time goes has been invaluable in scheduling work and personal activities that relate to our values.”
“Thank you Nancy for the 3 Hour Transformation. I love my action files and they have really put me into action. My file cabinet is cleared out and ready for new files. It was difficult for me to get rid of Zachary’s stuff but it was cleansing to clear the space physically and emotionally.”
“I sort of lost myself as our family illness just swamped everything. I am proud to say your system is working WONDERFULLY for me It has kept my head above water!”
As an aside, remember Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Love yourself, and treat yourself to a “3 Hour Transformation.”
If you struggle with clutter, need help organizing your papers, find yourself with the Terrible Too’s (too much to do, too little time), I can help. Maybe it’s time for a Three Hour Transformation to help you get moving in the right direction?